Sunday, April 1, 2012

Petunias

My balcony is looking rather pretty these days with beautiful Petunia blooms. I always found Petunias a little plain and boring but last year I noticed that things seems to have changed . Now there are many new cultivars with bright colors and stunning patterns. So November last I planted some petunias I bought from a nursery and now I'm so glad I did! 
                           

 
 
 
The Petunia Picotee variety with the contrasting margins are particularly eye catching. 

12 comments:

  1. Those petunias are amazing. The blue and white are an unusual and striking combination; don't think I've ever seen it before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Even I used to find them too pedestrian but these look lovely. I am going to get them too! Are these annuals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, these are annuals. They will probably die soon in the Delhi heat now. Thanks for dropping by, Sajitha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful colors. Had you tried raising them from seeds?? Although bangalore is not so hot, i am finding it difficult to germinate seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nitin. Have never tried raising them from seeds but this year for the first time, I have collected the seeds to try next time. So hopefully next year I should have a few pots grown from my own seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey very beatiful :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. when to grow them? till which month they survive ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rupali,

      You can sow the seeds now in October.

      Delete
  8. Florist's chrysanthemums or “mums” are ranked the highest for air purification.Buy plants online in karachi They're shown to eliminate common toxins as well as ammonia.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...