Thursday, October 31, 2013

Planters from sewer pipes!

A few years back my house was renovated and I had a few unused clay sewer pipes left over from then. And since then I had been itching to convert them into planters. Finally got around to doing just that and am quite happy with the results! They are all the same length but I placed them at varying depths. They were a dull brown color so had to paint them with terracotta paint first after cleaning and scraping the surface a bit. Filled the bottoms with small thermocol pieces, put soil on top, put in the plants and voila!



5 comments:

  1. That's a creative take at gardening. I believe small creepers like portulacas and such plants would present an absolute stunning view and a much better appeal to your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually CyberKID, I was just lazy and made do with the plants I had at hand! I agree that creepers draping the sides would look beautiful too. Maybe I'll add some later!

      Delete
  2. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more informatiom
    http://goo.gl/tGqfRs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really what a nice post and wonderful shared to sewer pipes! , cheers author for your helpful information
    Concord sewer repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent blog you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! You can visit my site. .

    pipe repair

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...