Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dahlias... so beautiful!

I just happen to love Dahlias as you must have gathered from my recent posts. On my visit to the Garden Festival at the Garden of Five Senses, in February, I got to see some really beautiful ones. Some like this spidery beauty below were completely unusual..never seen anything like them before.
Another unusual one was a pretty little miniature specimen with beautifully folded tiny petals.
The one below was such a beautiful and bright crimson that it took your breath away. Notice the delicately shaped petals and the yellow centre!
Ofcourse there was no dearth of giant Dahlias in multi colored hues.

3 comments:

  1. Stupendous! Were any of these lovely plants on sale? I think I could've easily bankrupted myself at such a show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunita! Sadly they were not for sale but a treat for the senses nevertheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Dahlias. I've never seen Dahlias in nurseries here, except the normal ones, which I prefer to grow from seeds.
    My Blogroll says you have a new post, but this is the recent post I see... Strange.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...